Return to this page for the latest grants for Cleantech Businesses.
Queensland Biofutures Industry Development Fund – Department of State Development
The Biofutures Industry Development Fund is a $5 million repayable fund to help well-advanced industrial biotech proponents to get large-scale projects through the final stage of financial due diligence to secure financing from investors.
Advancing Renewables Program – Australian Government
The Advancing Renewables Program aims to fund projects that contribute to one or more of the following outcomes:
• Reduction in the cost of renewable energy
• Increase in the value delivered by renewable energy
• Improvement in technology readiness and commercial readiness of renewable energy
• Reduction in or removal of barriers to renewable energy uptake
• Increase in skills, capacity and knowledge relevant to renewable energy.
Current ATM View – CSIRORFT2018007
CSIRO through this RFT is seeking responses from suitably qualified and experienced service providers for the design, supply, installation, structural certification, commissioning and maintenance of a roof mounted grid connected Photovoltaic (PV) system at the CSIRO Black Mountain (ACT), Pullenvale (QLD) and Waite (SA) Sites.
Closing: 2.00pm, 2 November 2018
Rural Economic Development (RED) Grants Program – Queensland Government
- Information from the media release includes:
- The Palaszczuk Government is injecting $10 million into the agricultural sector and supporting rural communities through its newly-developed Rural Economic Development (RED) Grants Program.
- Minister for Agricultural Industry Development Mark Furner said job creation was a number one priority for the government and the RED scheme would be a major boost for rural and regional agricultural businesses that work along the agriculture supply chain and provide local employment opportunities.
- Minister Furner said the RED grants will be available up to $250,000, with a matching contribution from the successful applicant to be provided.
- “QRIDA will administer this scheme, which is expected to begin next month when QRIDA will start accepting applications,” he said.
- “We specifically want to help those enterprises that add value to agricultural products, help to develop new markets, and partner with other businesses to expand job opportunities.
- “We’re also targeting those businesses that improve energy-use efficiency, including moving to renewable energy sources, and boost productivity through technologies that improve internet connectivity.
Emissions Reduction Fund
If you are thinking about investing in new technology to improve the productivity or energy efficiency of your business operations, you may be interested in the Emissions Reduction Fund. The Emissions Reduction Fund creates a positive incentive for Australian businesses to adopt smarter practices to cut the amount of greenhouse gases they create. The Clean Energy Regulator will begin administering the scheme once legislative amendments start and the necessary legislative rules are made.
The Clean Energy Regulator will publish a series of guidance notes in the coming weeks, as well as rules for the auction process and forward dates for auctions. The Fund three elements will be administered by the Clean Energy Regulator:
• Creating Emissions Reductions
• Purchasing Emissions Reductions
• Safeguarding Emissions Reductions.
R&D Tax Incentive
The R&D Tax Incentive is a targeted, generous and easy to access entitlement program that helps businesses offset some of the costs of doing R&D.
The Program aims to help more businesses do R&D and innovate. It is a broad- based entitlement program. This means that it is open to firms of all sizes in all sectors who are conducting eligible R&D. It provides more generous support for businesses, especially small and medium- sized firms, than the R&D Tax Concession that it replaced. It is open to firms of all sizes in all sectors who are conducting eligible R&D.
Business Development Fund
The Business Development Fund (the Fund) is the Queensland Government’s $40 million early stage and follow- on venture capital investment fund. The intention of the Fund is to attract co-investment from private investors to support emerging and high growth innovative businesses and generate high-value jobs in Queensland.
Hot DesQ – Advance Queensland
Hot DesQ invites startups to move to Queensland, Australia.
Grants of up to $100,000 is available to discover the perfect place for big ideas.
Hot DesQ is available to:
- Emerging entrepreneurs and startups
- Aussie expatriates
- Established startups looking to expand into Asia-Pacific.
Applications are only accepted online and the application process for Hot DesQ has two stages:
- Stage One – you will need to complete an online form AND submit a 1-2minute video pitch. You can review the application questions prior to lodging once you create a profile. You should be prepared to answer questions about your product (such as the problem you look to solve and what phase of development you are at) and your startup (such as how many people are involved and your startup experience).
- Stage Two – if you are shortlisted, you will have a Skype interview with the judges. Our panel of judges with industry expertise will review applications to determine the best startups to move to Queensland through Hot DesQ.
CSIRO Innovation Connections and Kick-Start
A free one-on-one facilitated service to assist SMEs in establishing their research needs, Innovation Connections also offers access to funding and researcher placements to fast-track SME R&D projects.
Supported by the Australian Government’s Entrepreneurs Programme, Innovation Connections is a free, no-obligation facilitated service to assist businesses in establishing their research needs and can result in any of the following grants the enable SME’s to fast-track their research and development:
Researcher Placement: placement of a Researcher in your business to work collaboratively on a project to develop and implement a new idea with commercial potential (up to a maximum of $50,000).
Catalyst Fund – Roddenberry Foundation
The Catalyst Fund awards small grants for early-stage, innovative, and unconventional ideas that address urgent challenges. They’re looking for ideas that challenge our thinking, that compel us to see a problem in a new light; and whose creativity and imagination redefine notions of what can be done and how.
Research Funding Program
This Program supports research and other initiatives relating to accident prevention and injury/rehabilitation management relating to motor vehicle crashes.
Jobs and Regional Growth Fund –
The fund will help facilitate private sector projects which create employment and economic growth opportunities in regional areas outside South East Queensland facing significant economic and employment challenges. The Government recognises that the private sector is the key jobs generator in the Queensland economy and this fund will
Gambling Community Benefit Fund – Department of Justice –
The fund allocates funding to not-for-profit community groups to enhance their capacity to provide services, leisure activities and opportunities for Queensland communities. Applications can be submitted for funding between $500 and a maximum of $35,000 (including GST). If the cost of any item is more than the approved amount.
Accelerating Commercialisation offers eligible entrepreneurs, researchers, inventors, start-ups, Commercialisation Offices and small and medium enterprises access to Commercialisation Advisers with experience and connections to address the challenges associated with commercialising novel products, processes and services.
Eligible individuals and businesses that submit an Expression of Interest will receive guidance on their commercialisation project and feedback on its potential merit under the program.
Advanced Manufacturing Early Stage Research Fund – Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
The fund will run until 2020/2021 with up to $1 million available in annual funding allocation to back industry-led, small scale and pilot research projects, with an emphasis on fast, tangible results. Assistance per project will be between $100,000 and $400,000, matched with industry cash contributions 1:1, and will help smaller firms move an idea more quickly to larger-scale research or commercialisation.
Closing: Expressions of interest are open
Business Growth Fund
The Business Growth Fund Program, delivered by the Office of Small Business, is a grant program which provides targeted assistance for small and medium businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment aspirations. The fund will enable successful applicants to purchase and implement specialised equipment or services to help them seize growth opportunities.
Funding of up to $50,000 (excluding GST) is available for eligible businesses to purchase and implement highly specialised equipment or services. These purchases should enable businesses to move to the next stage of growth. Successful applicants must provide a co-contribution of 25% to 50% of the total project cost. The government contribution will be determined by an assessment panel.
Closing: Next round will be assessed in September
Impact Investmetn Ready Growth Grant
Provides capacity building grants up to $100,00 to mission-drivien for-profit and not-for-profit organisations, allowing them to secure investment capital to scale their social or environmental impact.
Project Partnership Grants / Multi-year Partnership Grant
Business Development Fund
Assists in funding ideas into action by matching the idea to a co-investor (angel investor, capital fund etc) Then the government funds (will be less $ than the co-investor) will make the 3rdshareholder of the company. Funding amounts from $125,000 to $2.5 million.
Ignite Ideas Fund
Grants of up to $250,000 (excluding GST) to support activities that will test and implement commercialisation plans for a product, process or service that is at or beyond minimum viable product or market ready stage. Learn more
Queensland Business Grants and Assistant Finder
You can tick all boxes that apply to you and the website will short list any available grants and funding that apply to you.
Small Business Enterpreneur Grants Program
This program provides new small businesses access to professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
Accelerate Small Business Grants Program
This Program provides targeted assistance to small businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment aspirations, to engage high-level expertise for their business. Up to $10,000 in matched funding can be used to engage business mentors, coaches, or an advisory board, for 6 to 12 months.
Cleantech Industries Sunshine Coast is a membership-based eco business hub connecting eco-friendly businesses with consumers and Government. We provide the latest cleantech news, expert advice and growth strategies for cleantech business owners and supporters. To join or enquire, email firstname.lastname@example.org